Within this Case Study article we will discuss different aspects of Backlinks such as its definition, importance, types and the ways to build them so, let’s start from backlink itself.
Backlinks- In just one sentence ‘Backlinks’ are defined as incoming links to the blog (website) or webpage using their company websites or blogs. When someone read your article and in case he liked exactly the same and produced content related to the same topic on their own blog, they links back that content for your webpage, that’s known as a backlink. Still confused, let’s take a good example suppose Mr. A writes a post in the blog about Backlinks, When Mr. B goes through that article, founds good and publishes a content linked to Backlinks on their own blog, giving the web link of Mr. a post.
Let’s describe the significance of Backlinks.
* Faster indexing- Faster indexing regarded as the most crucial part of Backlinks. As as a result of them Google and other major search engines indexes even a more recent blog or pages or article at a considerably faster rate as when Backlinks from high PR (page rank) site which is crawled frequently comes to your site, which in turn increases crawling of internet search engine bots within your site causing faster indexing.
* Search Engine Ranking Positions- Another important element of Backlinks are they enhance your site search engine’s ranking. In the event you build or have more variety of quality backlinks, definitely your site’s search engine ranking positions likely to be improved as online search engine judge a web site rankings on variety of quality backlinks. For those who have more number of links, search engine show your web site on the top pages. That is again very important for driving traffic from search result’s while we all know that the majority of the traffic which our blog receives comes from search engine listings.
* Page Rank- Not just search engine ranking positions, Backlink also effect Page rank directly, Once you build Backlinks from high PR sites, you can definitely see an up rank inside your next update and we also know how important is page rank regarding SEO. Higher Page rank let’s you ranked high among your competition that have lower Page rankings, which enrich your website with additional traffic than the others.
* We all know that Backlinks are very important element of SEO (seo). Now next we must focus on best Backlinks building methods or how to develop Backlinks? Should you Google for Backlink building, you can find thousands of automated Backlink building tools which guarantees to supply your blog with Backlinks as many as you would like in a single click. Some of these automated tools are free plus some are paid which offers you backlinks from high PR sites. Sites which offers free backlinks from poor sites decreases your rankings, hence decreases your web site performance. Different Paid sites that offer backlinks are detected and penalized by Google after their different updates.
So, from the upper paragraph we arrived at the conclusion that people should always try for getting some quality backlinks rather than enormous bad quality backlinks while keeping ourselves in play safe mode. The question arises that what actually a quality backlink is?
Quality Backlinks- An excellent backlink is identified as a backlink which comes from a site which includes content associated with your site instead of a link which will come coming from a site which can be not linked to you. Quality backlink originates from site’s which uses keywords or sites of same theme. Suppose, site A receives a backlink coming from a site using same keywords or on same theme such as blogging, SEO, Generate income online etc, this link is regarded as quality Backlink rather than it receives a link from a vehicle website. Google gives high importance to the link which comes from blogging site and provides less relevance towards the link which comes from Automobile site. Google gives high importance to quality links which comes from High PR sites. It considers.gov and.edu as most important Hope you understand what I mean to say.
Now let’s see what exactly are different types of backlinks? You can find basically two different types of backlinks one is “dofollow” and the other is “nofollow”.
(1) Dofollow Backlinks- Dofollow backlinks are the types backlinks which can be then internet search engine crawlers once they crawl your web site. Or we can say when internet search engine crawlers enters your page, they crawl your entire blog including links, pictures everything, once they crawl a “dofollow” link they, lands at this page. Suppose I link back for you, when crawlers crawl that link they lands in your page, that helps in indexing your web site faster. It provides you with traffic as well as aid in increasing your Page rank.
(2) Nofollow Backlinks- Nofollow backlinks are the types backlinks that contains a “nofollow” tag. When search engine crawlers crawl this, they merely ignore it. You can see different website source by right clicking and selecting ‘view source’, then use ctrl f to locate rel=”nofollow”. You will notice many links with this particular tag, these links are nofollow links. These links also offers you good traffic although not beneficial for Pagerank.
Note: You should build dofollow links and tag poor links inside your site having a “nofollow” tag.
Now let’s discuss Best and simplest ways to construct quality backinks:-
(1) Social networking- Social media and bookmarking site’s are the always provides us with quality backlinks. Twitter and facebook are always proved nearly as good for backlinks building. Just make your fan page there and commence posting links.
(2) Guest posting- Guest posting is always discussed as the best white hat way of building backlinks. Just head to different sites or blogs that offers ‘Guest post’. Write for them which often present you with quality backlinks and traffic.
(3) Commenting On Blogs- Blog commenting is the best way for obtaining good amount of quality backlinks. Just post comments with your links (key phrases) in blogs linked to your niche. Definitely they provide ohlnvy with good backlinks.
(4) Site submission to blog directories- Submit your website to several blog directories including Blogcatalog and Technorati. I also received good backlinks from their website.
(5) Forum signature linking- Take part in different forums associated with your niche. Many forums uses signature linking, just post your URL in signature linking field and it’s done. (Only good quality forums)
(6) Yahoo answers- Yahoo answers is an additional way getting good backlinks, answers question associated with your niche citing your blog URL.
(7) RSS directories- Submit your feed to different RSS directories.
(8) Article Submission- Submit your article to different article site such as ezinearticles.
If you are following these techniques, definitely you are going to build some good quality back links.